Beef Industry Fellowship Grant
DO YOU LOVE THE BEEF INDUSTRY? WOULD YOU MAKE A GOOD LEADER? ARE YOU FULL OF IDEAS & ENTHUSIASM?
If you answered yes, we want to invest in you!
The Ohio Cattlemen's Foundation is looking for young cattlemen eager to become immersed in the industry they love. The Beef Industry Fellowship (BIF) grant will award those that fit the bill.
WHAT IS A BIF GRANT?
A BIF grant is a $1,500 in-kind grant awarded to two young cattle producers who experience 6 specified industry events and volunteer opportunities throughout the year. After the recipients have checked off those boxes, they will receive the $1,500 grant to be used toward registration and travel expenses associated with their trip to the National Cattlemen's Beef Association (NCBA) Convention.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Any young cattle producer in the state is welcome and encouraged to apply! No age restrictions are associated with the grant as long there is a need for the additional funds to help supplement industry involvement. The only requirements to apply are that the individual most own or be involved in a cattle operation in Ohio and can successfully complete the experiences listed below. Of course, those are both and easy and fun when you have a love for the industry!
WHAT ARE THE 6 EVENTS/OPPORTUNITIES INVOLVED WITH THE GRANT?
The recipient must experience the following:
- Attend the 2023 OCA Annual Meeting & Awards Banquet on January 14, 2023
(Registration fees and hotel expenses covered by grant)
- Serve on one of the following OCA committees and be an active, contributing committee member: OCA Membership Committee, Ohio Beef Expo Junior Show Committee, Ohio Beef Expo Trade Show Committee, or the Cattlemen’s Gala Committee
- Take part in the Cattlemen at the Capitol event on February 7, 2023
- Attend Young Cattlemen’s Conference in August of 2023 - Date TBD
(Registration fees & hotel covered by grant)
- Attend the 2023 Cattlemen’s Gala on August 26, 2023 (ticket price covered by grant)
- Volunteer at least 8 hours at the Cattlemen’s Steak Barn (either at the Ohio State Fair or Farm Science Review)
After the recipients successfully follow through, they will then use the grant to attend the 2024 NCBA Convention in Orlando, FL on Jan. 31-Feb. 2.
The BIF grant application is now open and will close on Nov. 30, 2022. Recipients will be notified by Dec. 15, 2022.