BEST Junior Representatives
The OCA BEST committee consists of representatives appointed by the OCA Board of Directors, sanctioned show coordinators and five youth BEST representatives. BEST participants are encouraged to apply for the youth committee positions. BEST Jr. Representatives serve a two-year term and are selected through an application and interview process. Jr. Representative applications are due April 1 and interviews will be held in the spring leading up to the BEST banquet. Each BEST Jr. Representative selected will receive a $500 scholarship at the conclusion of their two-year term. The BEST Jr. Representative terms are staggered to provide leadership continuity for the BEST program. To apply, please fill out the application and return it by April 1 to the OCA office. If you have any questions contact the OCA office at (614) 873-6736 or by email at [email protected].
OCA BEST Junior Representative Responsibilities
- Represent participants' interests as BEST committee member
- Be a current BEST participant in the program
- Be a positive role model to younger participants
- Promote the BEST program to fellow youth cattle exhibitors and their families
- Attend all regular committee meetings and provide input
- Attend all BEST sanctioned shows and assist with online sign-up and check-in
- Serve as emcee for the BEST Awards Banquet
*Junior committee applicants must be 16-21 years of age as of January 1, 2024 to apply.